Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again." John 3:3-7
The following sermon is from Min. David Pawson as he explains what it means to be born again.
Many do not understand what it means to be born again and therefore are unprepared to live the Christian life. They have not been born again, but have simply undertaken religious rituals without understanding what they mean or what they require in order to walk them out.
I believe that this series will be a tremendous blessing for many. May God give us ears to hear His word.
What is the New Birth?
- The new birth is not instantaneous, but is a process.
- How you begin your spiritual life impacts how you live your spiritual life
- Many are leading others to Christ with religious euphemisms instead of biblical truths
- The Bible indicates four steps necessary to be born again:
- Be Baptized in Water
- Receive the Holy Spirit
- All four steps are acts of men (constituting conversion), but they are also acts of God (constituting regeneration). At every stage, man is doing something and God is doing something; it is a beautiful cooperation.